Unlock the dark secrets of sorcery in the Sunset Isles with the Crimson Pandect, a guide to magic in the world of the Red Tide.
In this book you will find fully Labyrinth Lord-compatible information on eight new paths of sorcery, six with their own specialist magic-user classes and over a hundred new spells. Use them as-is for your campaign, or slap on a new coat of paint to make them your own! Behold the secrets of…
- The High Path, the versatile and potent art favored by most magic-users within the Sunset Isles.
- The Stitched Path, a heterodox art of blood and soul-sacrifice to accomplish by theft what talent cannot give.
- The Kuan Amelatu, elven necrolators devout in their shepherding of the blameless dead and their guardians against the living.
- The Astromancers of the Gadaal, peerless diviners and fateweavers who wield luck and foresight as weapons against their foes.
- The Makerite Theurges, seekers of the holy sorcery of their stern god, speakers of the words by which creation was made.
- The Nine Immortal Art, the ancient Imperial magics that make a sorcerer into a living vessel of transcendence.
- The Mountain Way, a path of elemental force and natural power that strikes down its foes with flame and storm.
- Shakunasar, the forbidden sorcery of the Shou and its unnatural command of the flesh and minds of lesser beings.
Aside from these glimpses into the grim sorcery of the Isles, the Crimson Pandect also includes…
- A new system for acquiring new spells, creating magic items, and constructing magical servitors- a system based on the accumulation of eldritch tomes and experimental lore. Finally, your wizards actually have a reason to hunt down those books of forgotten wisdom and spend their hard-won coin on experiments and strange artifices. Includes extensive helps for the Labyrinth Lord in creating arcane treasures for inquisitive sorcerers to seek.
- Guidelines for designing and building your wizard’s sanctum, including prices for laboratories, scriptoria, arcane distilleries, and other vital necessities for a wizard’s researches. The guidelines are integrated with the research system to reward those wizards who devote their precious gold to the facilities and resources they need for future greatness.
- Guides for the Labyrinth Lord who needs a wizard cabal in a hurry, either as patrons, teachers, or enemies of the PCs. Based on an elaboration of the Court Site system in the Red Tide campaign guidebook, use this to generate a fast wizard’s tower, arcane academy, or nefarious witch-cult.
- Resource tables for easy generation of arcane artifacts and eldritch tomes for your campaign’s wizards to find!
Look for the Crimson Pandect to make its appearance in early May, as it’s currently in layout. And for those eager enthusiasts of apocalypse, do not fear- Other Dust is still on schedule for release early this summer. The Crimson Pandect has been under work for some time now, and I’ve decided that May is a good time to slot its release. Why? Because I scorn sleep as a sign of moral weakness, and never shall such turpitude stain the scarlet mysteries to be revealed herein!